Chaos Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tales Series

+2
Morbid
Affected heart
6 posters

Go down

The Tales Series Empty The Tales Series

Post by Affected heart Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:19 pm

I got to thinking about this and wanted to make a thread for the Tales games. Now, I haven't played each and every one in the series but the two ones I have played, I really enjoyed. Those are Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythologies. I like how some of the skills are learned and I liked the characters. After I beat Tales of the World, I plan on playng Tales of the Abyss. I like, also, how each game is loosely related to one another. Or at least to me, they seem related. My favorite characters are Lloyd and Kratos from ToS and Tear and Jade from TotA. TotW has all of my favorite characters in it. I recommend playing them if you haven't. I wish I had more to add but I want to let others add to this as well.
Affected heart
Affected heart

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Liztress
Class: Ranger
Job: Pole Dancer

http://z15.invisionfree.com/universal_gp

Back to top Go down

The Tales Series Empty Re: The Tales Series

Post by Morbid Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 pm

The only game I own from the series is Tales Of Destiny II for Playstation, but I played an awful lot of Tales Of Phantasia as well.

Tales Of Symphonia for Gamecube was also quite excellent, but ToP seems to be the best of the series from my experiences.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1894
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Morbid
Class: Hunter
Job: Bounty Hunter, Rebel

https://chaosrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Venom Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:29 am

I love the Tales series, even though there's not nearly enough of the games to keep me busy. I first played Tales of Symphonia and it was awesome, and remains my favorite of the series. I then purchased Tales of The Abyss and Tales of Legendia at the same time. I've almost beaten Abyss and loved every minute of it, but I've only played Legendia once. The core gameplay is still there, but something about it just doesn't feel right. Part of it is that the main character is unarmed at first, I guess, and it feels like a really weird fighting game. I picked up Tales of the World a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it as well. I like the cameos from other characters as well as the fact that many of them play into the story. I've played Tales of Phantasia for the GBA, but somehow I just couldn't get into it. The random battles were one part of it, but it just didn't play as well as the others due to technical limitations, I suppose.

I'm also excited to hear more news about the upcoming Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia 2. They'd be making a huge mistake by not releasing them in the U.S., so here's hoping they do.
Venom
Venom

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Affected heart Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:53 am

Venom wrote:I love the Tales series, even though there's not nearly enough of the games to keep me busy. I first played Tales of Symphonia and it was awesome, and remains my favorite of the series. I then purchased Tales of The Abyss and Tales of Legendia at the same time. I've almost beaten Abyss and loved every minute of it, but I've only played Legendia once. The core gameplay is still there, but something about it just doesn't feel right. Part of it is that the main character is unarmed at first, I guess, and it feels like a really weird fighting game. I picked up Tales of the World a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it as well. I like the cameos from other characters as well as the fact that many of them play into the story. I've played Tales of Phantasia for the GBA, but somehow I just couldn't get into it. The random battles were one part of it, but it just didn't play as well as the others due to technical limitations, I suppose.

I'm also excited to hear more news about the upcoming Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia 2. They'd be making a huge mistake by not releasing them in the U.S., so here's hoping they do.
The cameos in Tales of the World made me giggle like a schoolgirl. Becuase I love Kratos and the gang from ToS, and Luke and Tear from TotA rock too.

And they better bring those games over here. I want to play them so bad. I need to look into getting the other Tales games for the sake of playing them.
Affected heart
Affected heart

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Liztress
Class: Ranger
Job: Pole Dancer

http://z15.invisionfree.com/universal_gp

Back to top Go down

Post by blue calix Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:11 am

I'm not entirely sure why they wouldn't release 'em to the US, Venom. I mean, hell, if they released some shitty ass game like Rule of Rose, then they must release games that are ten times better than that here!

Seriously, Rule of Rose is only good for one thing: putting your ass to sleep. Worst soundtrack ever, worst pacing ever, worst storyline and dialogue ever. Worst. Game. Evar.

Well, that's only second to Fear Effect 2, my bad.

blue calix

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sempere Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:13 am

Tales of Phantasia is one of my favorite games of all time. However, the GBA version was AWFUL. Whoever did the translating for the game needs to be shot. "It was the great war, we called it... Kangaroo." How do you mistranslate 'Ragnarok' as 'Kangaroo'? Moreover, how do you translate a war as 'Kangaroo' and think, "Oh yeah, they totally could've named it that, it makes so much sense." I still need to finish Tales of Symphonia, which I started mainly because of the story ties to Tales of Phantasia.

I'm looking forward to Tales of Vesperia greatly, as it's coming out for the 360 and is already confirmed for North American release, unlike the other Tales games being made. I'm really hoping that Tales of Innocence for the DS gets a confirmed NA release, too.
Sempere
Sempere

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Carax
Job: Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morbid Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:30 am

I remember when a friend of mine had a contest at his website, offering up a free copy of the ToP. We had to review the game, and I think he just went ahead and panned the damn thing.

Way inferior to the Super Famicom version.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sempere Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:42 am

DeJap translation is where it's at. Those guys perfected the script.

Klarth: Mint's all prim and proper, I like that in a girl. But you can tell Arche fucks like a tiger.

And the sex noises Arche was making in her dream about Cless. Good times. Very Happy
Sempere
Sempere

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Carax
Job: Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morbid Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:48 am

Entirely agreed!

I wish DeJap still translated games, since they were about the best translation group out there.

At least Gideon Zhi is still around!

I actually used to know that guy a little. He was surprisingly open with questions too.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Overdose Delusion Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:16 am

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I actually haven't played that much of this series, just some of Tales of Destiny II and Tales of Symphonia. I did enjoy what I played, though, and I do plan on finishing one of the installments in the series someday. >> Actually, I would have probably finished ToDII if it weren't that I had to do a System Recovery on my old computer, thus losing all the progress I had in it.
Overdose Delusion
Overdose Delusion
Recent Recruit
Recent Recruit

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down