Chaos Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preference: Handheld or console RPGs

+4
blue calix
Venom
Morbid
Affected heart
8 posters

Go down

Preference: Handheld or console RPGs Empty Preference: Handheld or console RPGs

Post by Affected heart Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 pm

So, which RPGs do you prefer to play? The portable ones where you can play on the go but have not as good graphics as the console ones? Or the console ones that you get great graphics but not so portable? Everyone has their reasons why they prefer one over the other. For me, I prefer the portable ones though I love the ones on the consoles as well. It's just a lot easier to move to a comfortable spot with a DS or PSP.
Affected heart
Affected heart

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Liztress
Class: Ranger
Job: Pole Dancer

http://z15.invisionfree.com/universal_gp

Back to top Go down

Preference: Handheld or console RPGs Empty Re: Preference: Handheld or console RPGs

Post by Morbid Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:43 am

Wow, i'm not sure how I ended up missing this topic before!

Anyway, i'm not sure what I prefer...but the latest handheld system I own is the original and large GBA.

Since I don't go places often enough, I just play RPG's on my home console most of the time.

That said, I have no real preference for one over the other.

If I had a DS, I would probably be playing games on it a lot I imagine.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1894
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Morbid
Class: Hunter
Job: Bounty Hunter, Rebel

https://chaosrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preference: Handheld or console RPGs Empty Re: Preference: Handheld or console RPGs

Post by Affected heart Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 am

I never had the large GBA. I went from the original GameBoy to a Gameboy SP. But yeah, lately it's been the handheld ones for me.
Affected heart
Affected heart

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morbid Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Considering I actually own a few DS games already, it's completely insane that I don't have the system yet!

Funny enough, I bought my first PS2 game about a year before I got the system also!
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Affected heart Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Lmao, reminds me of when I bought FFX. I didn't have a PS2 for that long before and so I didn't have a memory card. So I continually played that first hour or so until I got one. Which was like a couple of weeks later.
Affected heart
Affected heart

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morbid Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 pm

I have a story kind of like that, except it was a Playstation 1 and Final Fantasy VII.

During the summer of 1998, I bought a used Final Fantasy VII and Playstation off my first job at a gaming and video store.

The Playstation itself worked fine(still have that same one today), but my FFVII copy was fugged.

So, I had to return that and bought a new copy instead.

Unfortunately I had bought an offbrand 8 MB Memory Card which refused to save the game, so I had to return that Memory Card and get an offical one instead.

Good times.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Venom Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:33 am

I'd have to go with console RPGs. While there are some good portable RPGs out there, like Tales of the World and the Mario & Luigi games, I find myself having more fun with the likes of Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy VI, and others. I don't really mind the technical limitations of portable RPGs, it just seems that there's not as many that I'd really like to play.
Venom
Venom

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by blue calix Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:09 am

I don't travel much, tbhwy, so I much prefer console RPGs and games in general. ...and I can only spend so much time at the shitter playing a game or reading a magazine until my ass is developing a blister from my uncomfortable-ass toilet seat.

blue calix

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy K Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:00 am

I'd probably say handheld. I notice I play more RPG's on handhelds then on consoles; I like it that way because I'm not much of an RPG fan.
Crazy K
Crazy K

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/david_big_d_adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:28 am

I'm more of a console person. I have about 4 or 5 RPGs for consoles, and about 2 for handheld.

If I'm going to play and RPG with a deep story, i'd rather have it look good. A top down view is not in my qualificationa of looking spectaular.
Ziggy
Ziggy

Number of posts : 194
Location : Behind a .50 cal HMG nest to your right, pointing it at you, finger on the trigger.
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Felix
Job: Commando, Delta Squad

http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Drunk_Mushroom/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sempere Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:22 am

Handheld. They're cheaper, and for some reason I end up actually completing them more often than a console RPG. Main problem with console RPG's I've noticed is that they're too linear. There's not a single challenging dungeon in the whole game, and the games just seem to play themselves like a movie (which given the shit load of cinematics, isn't too far off the mark). There are also more RPG's out for the handhelds that I play.
Sempere
Sempere

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Carax
Job: Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Overdose Delusion Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 am

I don't really have a particular preference. I'll play either one as long as the RPG itself is good. I would say that on average, I play more console RPGs than handheld ones, though.
Overdose Delusion
Overdose Delusion
Recent Recruit
Recent Recruit

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down