Chaos Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books that you've been disappointed with.

2 posters

Go down

Books that you've been disappointed with. Empty Books that you've been disappointed with.

Post by Plastic Mirror Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 am

Are there any books that you were disappointed with, either because you were looking extremely forward to it and it just turned out to be awful, or you wanted to like it, but you just couldn't?

I have to say, a couple of books come to mind for me.

Meg Cabot's Ready Or Not- It is the sequel to All-American Girl, and I have to say I was very disappointed in this book. It did not flow as well as its predecessor, and I just wanted to cringe every time I read it.

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight- This book wasn't half as good as everyone made it out to be, as it really bored me. But because I have this mentality where I have to finish a book that I start, I had to finish it. Good ending, but meh.
Plastic Mirror
Plastic Mirror
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Class:
Job: N00b

http://www.myspace.com/xxtaintedheartsxx

Back to top Go down

Books that you've been disappointed with. Empty Re: Books that you've been disappointed with.

Post by Overdose Delusion Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 am

Off the top of my head:

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: This is a highly acclaimed book, considered by many to be one of the best, but for whatever reason, I had difficulty getting into it. It does become a little more interesting towards the climax, but I still didn't find it that great. I haven't read it in years, though, so perhaps I'll try re-reading it sometime to see if I like it better.
Overdose Delusion
Overdose Delusion
Recent Recruit
Recent Recruit

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Books that you've been disappointed with. Empty Re: Books that you've been disappointed with.

Post by Plastic Mirror Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:16 am

Aww, that's too bad Paige. I absolutely ADORED The Great Gatsby.

However, I was very much disappointed with The Scarlett Letter. :/
Plastic Mirror
Plastic Mirror
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Class:
Job: N00b

http://www.myspace.com/xxtaintedheartsxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down