Chaos Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the 360 and PS3 focus too much on online gaming?

+3
Crazy K
Morbid
Venom
7 posters

Go down

Do the 360 and PS3 focus too much on online gaming? Empty Do the 360 and PS3 focus too much on online gaming?

Post by Venom Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:01 pm

This occured to me the other day when I was debating on whether to buy another X360 controller or not. I decided against it because I don't really have many games that would be great for 2 player action, but then I realized...most of them don't even HAVE 2 player action, unless it's online over Xbox Live. The PS3 is starting to build it's focus on online gaming too.

Does this bother anyone else? I know most people who have a 360 and/or PS3 have online subscriptions, but I don't, so it kinda leaves me pining for some multiplayer action that I'll never get to experience.
Venom
Venom

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Do the 360 and PS3 focus too much on online gaming? Empty Re: Do the 360 and PS3 focus too much on online gaming?

Post by Morbid Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:05 pm

I agree that the 360 is focusing too heavily on online gaming, to the point the systems practically useless unless you have Xbox Live. There isn't much to offer for gaming offline.

And yes, it definitely does bother me a LOT.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1894
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Morbid
Class: Hunter
Job: Bounty Hunter, Rebel

https://chaosrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do the 360 and PS3 focus too much on online gaming? Empty Re: Do the 360 and PS3 focus too much on online gaming?

Post by Crazy K Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:15 pm

Well I don't care to much about either system focusing on online gaming. I mean look at a lot of the 360 games, they usually get down-loadable content, such as new missions, new characters, and so on. So really they still focus on the game itself.
Crazy K
Crazy K

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/david_big_d_adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:38 pm

Same here.

During the time I had an Xbox, my internet conection and financial issues kept me from doing Xbox Live.

Doesn't matter to me, personaly
Ziggy
Ziggy

Number of posts : 194
Location : Behind a .50 cal HMG nest to your right, pointing it at you, finger on the trigger.
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Felix
Class: Ranger
Job: Commando, Delta Squad

http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Drunk_Mushroom/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by blue calix Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:13 am

PS3 have online subscriptions

Huh? Online subscriptions with Playstation Network? Last time I checked it's free. That's partly the reason why Xbox Live fails so hard, lmao. Whereas you're playing Call of Duty 4 online and PAYING to play online, we PC owners and PS3 owners can play online FOR FREE.

blue calix

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitastrophe Wed May 28, 2008 4:06 pm

The reason we pay for Xbox Live is because, unlike PSN, Steam or anybody else for that matter, Live hosting (Leaderboards, Matchmaking, the lot) are run by Microsoft themselves, meaning developers are more willing to make their games capable for online play simply because Microsoft will pay for it.

So thank Microsoft for certain games having online play in the first place! cookie2

Last edited by Kitastrophe on Wed May 28, 2008 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kitastrophe
Kitastrophe
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Affected heart Wed May 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Well, I mean... I prefer offline gaming to online anyday. But still sometimes, it is nice to play online. Especially, if none of your friends are around.
Affected heart
Affected heart

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Liztress
Class: Ranger
Job: Pole Dancer

http://z15.invisionfree.com/universal_gp

Back to top Go down

Post by Morbid Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 am

Kitastrophe wrote:The reason we pay for Xbox Live is because, unlike PSN, Steam or anybody else for that matter, Live hosting (Leaderboards, Matchmaking, the lot) are run by Microsoft themselves, meaning developers are more willing to make their games capable for online play simply because Microsoft will pay for it.

So thank Microsoft for certain games having online play in the first place! cookie2

Good argument made, and I think it's pretty much all true as well!

That said, I need more money before I can get a 360 or Xbox Live, but hopefully later this year.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1894
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Morbid
Class: Hunter
Job: Bounty Hunter, Rebel

https://chaosrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down