Chaos Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like it when bands experiment?

4 posters

Go down

Do you like it when bands experiment? Empty Do you like it when bands experiment?

Post by Venom Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:10 am

By experiment, I mean, you know, change their style a little, or try using new instruments, or whatever. Anything that's a noticable departure from the band's normal style would be considered experimenting, unless they stay that way like Metallica, then it's just selling out.

Anyway, I like experimentation in moderation. Some bands can pull it off, like how Gamma Ray's sound on the Sigh No More album is a lot different from any of their other stuff, but it's still good music. Megadeth's Risk album was a big risk but it turned out fairly well, and they went right back to their roots afterwards anyway. So I don't mind it as long as the new style is still good.
Venom
Venom

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Do you like it when bands experiment? Empty Re: Do you like it when bands experiment?

Post by Morbid Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 am

Experimenting can be a great thing, when a band does it right.

Sadly, most bands do NOT do well with it because they either changed too much, or just half-assed the whole deal.

An example of good experimentation would be Blut Aus Nords "The Work Which Transforms God" which was a very interesting and well accepted album. Ever since then, Blut Aus Nord has been heading down a similiar path on followup albums.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1894
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Morbid
Class: Hunter
Job: Bounty Hunter, Rebel

https://chaosrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do you like it when bands experiment? Empty Re: Do you like it when bands experiment?

Post by Omni Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Experimentation is fine if bands can do it while still making effective music.
Omni
Omni
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lithium Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Music is an art form, and like any art form things need to be messed with to change it to a way you want or redone...etc...etc. And honestly, As an artist myself I despise people telling me what I should or should not do based on if they like or dislike what I am currently doing. Bands can try anything they want, if I don't like it...then that sucks for me but if it was me in their place I would hate being told to go back to something I didn't want to. My art/music is my own. I make it for no one else, though I like others seeing it. Thats my opinion...
Lithium
Lithium
Recent Recruit
Recent Recruit

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Sami Winter
Class: Force
Job: ’Entertainer’

http://www.devinatart.night-hawk77.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morbid Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:59 am

A lot of bands seem afraid to experiment, out of fear that the fans may be alienated.

Personally, I just hope that they do what is true to them as musicians.

Changing your style or image, just to sell more albums is a freakin crime against music if you ask me.

Everything should be sincere.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1894
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Morbid
Class: Hunter
Job: Bounty Hunter, Rebel

https://chaosrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down