Chaos Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too many new releases!

2 posters

Go down

Too many new releases! Empty Too many new releases!

Post by anotherbobhead Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:30 am

Why does EVERYTHING people want have to come out at the end of the year? I'm still pretty happy stuff like Devil May Cry, GTA, and MGS4 came out earlier, but it really annoys me to no end that a lot of people are going to miss out on Far Cry 2, which was probably the most enjoyable FPS that I've played, simply because it came out at a bad time. Think about how dedicated more people would have been to LittleBigPlanet if it had someone managed to come out around the same time as The Force Unleashed, when the AAA titles were just starting to trickle! As it stands, I have all of these games here and others that I've already finished and I can clearly see the diamonds in the sand, but trying to get to them is such a burden =\. Hopefully, next year people realize that they can't release EVERYTHING the same day. I finished Fable 2 pretty fast, but since I had Gears 2, Resistance 2, World at War, etc, I barely got to put in the time I felt I should have into Fallout, so I'm considering getting rid of the games that I feel are flashier but lack the substance I want *coughGears2cough*. Anyway, what's everyones take on this? Should stuff be more spread out through the year or do you enjoy the massive dump developers take at the end of the year, cleaning out their developmental bowels and allowing them to get a fresh start in 09?

anotherbobhead
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Too many new releases! Empty Re: Too many new releases!

Post by Morbid Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:49 am

Well, I guess it's because a lot of companies try to save their big titles for around the holiday season, since they think games will sell better that way or whatever. Haven't seen much that gets my interest though, besides like 2 or 3 games.
Morbid
Morbid
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1894
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Morbid
Class: Hunter
Job: Bounty Hunter, Rebel

https://chaosrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down